Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Maiden, Mother, Crone

Who goes to Salt Lake City and gets a tattoo on a whim?  That would be something I did a few years ago. I wanted the tattoo to have meaning and be original.  This is on my rib cage.  I was a 23 year old single mother at the time when I got this done.  It was drawn up by a tattoo artist after I told him what I wanted. 
The symbol inside the butterfly represents the symbol of the Triple Goddess. 

Maiden, Mother and Crone



The symbol itself is representative of the different phases of the moon. 


The phases of the moon are also representative of the different stages of womanhood.  I also had the artist draw a butterfly as butterfly's can represent the next stage in life.  At the time, I was going through changes that I felt like changed my life forever. So it meant a lot to be able to represnt that in a tattoo. 

I am still very happy with it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment